How to care for your Manic Trout Jewelry:
- All Necklaces open with the clasp in your right hand...helpful to remember when you're trying to figure out which way your necklace should go on.
- Each piece is hand made and therefore delicate. Avoid dropping your jewelry on hard surfaces. Please use the appropriate care to ensure your jewelry looks fabulous for a long time.
- After each use, gently wipe with a soft cloth and store out of direct light. Please avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, perfume, detergent and lotion.
- Metal, both precious and non-precious metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear. We recommend gently wiping the metal surface with a polishing cloth, however, excessive polishing will rub off the plating and is not recommended.
- The animals used in the jewelry are vintage designs stamped from brass. I chose to use brass for the design to continue the vintage vibe and intend for the material to tarnish over time for this reason. If you prefer to have it shiny, simply use a metal polish on the animal only, following the instructions on the polish.
- Many of the materials used are natural gemstones or vintage materials and they may vary in shape, size and color. Inclusions can be seen in natural stones and is a part of their beauty. Vintage materials and most gemstones do not stand the force of cleaning agents, polishing cloth or ultrasonic cleaners.
- Vintage Scarves may be removed from jewelry and either washed by hand in the sink with mild soap, or in the washing machine in a mesh bag on delicate. Please hang dry. Do not put in the dryer. If prefer, steam or press on silk setting. All scarves were washed and air dried prior to making the necklaces.
- To clean your bling ring, we recommend gently wiping the metal surface with a soft cloth, however, excessive polishing will rub off the plating and is not recommended. The crystal can be wiped down with a soft cloth as well and a bit of water sometimes helps get the grime off. The cloths that are sold for glasses work really well, but really any lint free, soft cloth will do the trick. If you have noticed dirt has gotten under the wire, very gently use a damp q-tip or the folded edge of a paper towel to get in there.
We take pride in delivering quality craftsmanship. In the case that your jewelry needs repair due to flaws in workmanship, we will gladly repair your piece or replace it based on the circumstance with no charge. In the case that jewelry has been damaged or tangled, it can be repaired for a fee that will be determined by repair needed. There is a repair fee of $10.00 on merchandise 1 year or older. For more information on any repairs needed, please email email@example.com.